Monday, June 4, 2007

No Time to Cook

We are finishing up our new home, so we can move in two weeks from now. Over the weekend, we painted 1100 square foot of the house including a huge vaulted ceiling, laid hard wood floor in the kitchen and set all the base cabinets so we could order the countertop this morning. Needless to say, we are exhausted. Most of the time we had 3 kids, 8 and younger, with us. They were great!

The hardest thing for us to do is eat when we are working on the house. We don't have a kitchen and our only fridge is from college, which is 2 small shelves. I've had to be very creative in our cooking. We brought our grill over and have made many sandwiches. We prefer not to use any silverware, so sandwiches are the best.

Saturday we ate Country Style Pork Rib sandwiches, and hotdogs for the kids. On Sunday we had Brats. I have brought over my chicken breasts, hamburger (but what a mess that will be when you don't have a sink to wash your hands), and more hotdogs for the kids. My husband is a condiment king, but I gave him quite the look when he first asked where the ketch-up was. He has since gotten over it and decided nourishment was more important.

I have begun bringing dry rubs over, instead of messy barbeque sauces. I have disposable plates, forks, and napkins. We will make it, but it's going to take some creativity, and lot's of LOVE!!

My posts will be less frequent over the next 2 weeks, but I'll be popping in at least a few times a weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...