Thursday, November 12, 2009

Round Steak with Mushrooms and White Wine

What to do with Round Steak? Tonight's menu includes Round Steak, cut up and cooked all day in the crock pot with a Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1/2 and onion cut in rings, a can of mushroom, 1/4 cup of White Wine or White Cooking Wine, Thyme, salt and pepper. Just dump everything in at once and let it cook on low all day long.

This dish is one of my husbands favorites. Round Steak is always a meat that is tough and not my favorite. But, I grew up eating it and so did my husband. We get it every year when we buy a side of beef. So, this is a recipe he found. I don't always add wine. If you have it, it definitely makes the dish a little better, but you can make it without it too. Serve it over mash potatoes. There is enough in there to make a meal, but don't forget your vegetables to make it a well balance meal. There will be nothing leftover tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...