Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Multi-layer Salad!

I was in charge of salad this year. I rarely bring salads, so we wanted to find something unusual to bring. We found a few ideas in a book and blended them with what we personally liked. Here is what we came up with.

Ingredients
1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
Grape Tomatoes
Bacon cooked and crumbled
Feta Cheese
Avocado (cubed and sprinkled with lime juice to prevent browning)
3 eggs
Sliced Mushrooms
Italian Seasoning

We cut up the Romaine and added all the other ingredients. Let is sit in the fridge for an hour before serving. Make sure you sprinkle the avocado with lime juice to prevent it from browning. I could barely taste the juice in the salad or the avocado. Add a little pepper for flavor. Yum!

The salad was a hit. I can't say I eat avocado, ever. But, I loved it in this salad. We were suppose to add diced chicken, but we figured it was not the main course and we already had turkey with our meal. Like all salads, you can omit whatever you don't like, but I recommend trying everything. You can always pick out what you don't like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...